S&P Global Ratings Update on Taseko Mines
March 22, 2018
- We expect Canada-based copper producer Taseko Mines Limited to generate credit measures stronger than our previous expectations over the next two years, led primarily by the increase in our copper price assumptions.
- Based on the corresponding improvement in our earnings and cash flows estimates, we expect Taseko’s adjusted debt-to-EBITDA to remain below 4x in 2018 and 2019, in line with our previous upgrade trigger.
- In our view, the lack of near-term debt maturities and ample cash position provides Taseko with greater flexibility to manage future periods of copper price volatility.
- As a result, we are raising our ratings on Taseko, including our long-term corporate credit rating to ‘B’ from ‘B-‘.
- The stable outlook on Taseko primarily reflects our expectation that the company will generate and sustain adjusted debt-to-EBITDA below 4x over the next two years, led by the gradual increase in our copper price assumption that should facilitate modest improvement in the company’s liquidity position.
Back to the Taseko Talks Index page